Local Workshops for 2020-21
- Making Tools with O1 Steel – David Gilbert; October 21, 2020
- Scroll Saw Use – Gary Buck; November 18, 2020
- Making and installing small pyramid-top ebony plugs – Al Kupchella; December 16, 2020
- Working with a Live Edge I and II – Alan Van De Moere; January 27, 2021 and February 24, 2021
- Bandsaw 101 – Alan VanDeMoere; March 24, 2021
- The Desk for Success – Steve MacIntyre – April 28, 2021
- Shaper Origin – Ed Houghton – May 26, 2021
National Speakers for 2020-21
- Scott Grove – Fine Furniture and Finishing; September 18 and 19, 2020
- Matt Kenney – Furniture and Box Maker; October 16 and 17, 2020
- Tim Coleman – Custom Furniture Maker; November 20 and 21, 2020
- Owain Harris – Furniture Maker; January 29th and 30th, 2021
- David Fisher – Bowl and Spoon Carver; February 19 and 20, 2021
- Mike Korsak – Furniture Maker; March 19 and 20, 2021
- Mary May – Traditional Woodcarver, April 16th and 17th, 2021
- David Ellsworth – Wooden Vessels, May 21st, 2021
That’s it for 2020-2021! Our next meeting will be in September.
Monthly Show & Tell sessions
Enjoy a bit of socialization and see some friendly faces again! Interested members will get a few minutes to share their projects. Now you can show us your at-home projects that were normally too big to carry to the (past) meetings.
Upcoming sessions are currently scheduled through April 2021 (see schedule below). All RWS members will receive an email with a link to join each Zoom session. Socializing begins at 6:30PM and the Show & Tell speakers start at 7PM. Any questions can be directed to: email@example.com.
|November 24, 2020||January 26, 2021||March 23, 2021|
|December 22, 2020||February 23, 2021||April 13, 2021|
We are a group in Upstate NY dedicated to the enjoyment of woodworking. Membership includes lectures and workshops by renowned woodworking personalities and local professionals as well as free access to our extensive lending library of books and videos.
RWS welcomes everyone interested in the craft whether professional or hobbyist. Join the company of hundreds of enthusiasts – carvers, turners, furniture makers, boat builders, and other skilled craftspeople and take your woodworking skills to a new level.