Local Workshops for 2020-21
- Making Tools with O1 Steel – David Gilbert; October 21, 2020
- Scroll Saw Use – Gary Buck; November 18, 2020
- Making and installing small pyramid-top ebony plugs – Al Kupchella; December 16, 2020
- Working with a Live Edge I – Alan Van De Moere; January 27, 2021
- Working with a Live Edge II – Alan Van De Moere; February 24, 2021
- My Small Shop – Norm Erwin; March 24, 2021
- Procuring Hardwood – TBD; April 26, 2021 (NOT CONFIRMED)
- Bandsaw 101 – TBD; May 30, 2021 (NOT CONFIRMED)
National Speakers for 2020-21
- Scott Grove – Fine Furniture and Finishing; September 18 and 19, 2020
- Matt Kenney – Furniture and Box Maker; October 16 and 17, 2020
- Tim Coleman – Custom Furniture Maker; November 20 and 21, 2020
- David Fisher – Bowl and Spoon Carver; February 19 and 20, 2021
- Mike Korsak – Furniture Maker; March 19 and 20, 2021
More speakers will be confirmed soon. Check back for details!
Monthly Show & Tell sessions
Enjoy a bit of socialization and see some friendly faces again! Interested members will get a few minutes to share their projects. Now you can show us your at-home projects that were normally too big to carry to the (past) meetings.
Upcoming sessions are currently scheduled until May 2021 (see schedule below). All RWS members will receive an email with a link to join each Zoom session. Socializing begins at 6:30PM and the Show & Tell speakers start at 7PM. If you would like to share your project(s), please send a few photos and a brief description of each project to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 4 days in advance of the session. You will receive confirmation when you are added to the agenda.
|November 24, 2020||January 26, 2021||March 23, 2021||May 25, 2021|
|December 22, 2020||February 23, 2021||April 27, 2021|
We are a group in Upstate NY dedicated to the enjoyment of woodworking. Membership includes lectures and workshops by renowned woodworking personalities and local professionals as well as free access to our extensive lending library of books and videos.
RWS welcomes everyone interested in the craft whether professional or hobbyist. Join the company of hundreds of enthusiasts – carvers, turners, furniture makers, boat builders, and other skilled craftspeople and take your woodworking skills to a new level.