Local Workshops for 2020-21
- Making Tools with O1 Steel – David Gilbert; October 21, 2020
- Scroll Saw Use – Gary Buck; November 18, 2020
- French Polishing – TBD; December 16, 2020 (NOT CONFIRMED)
- Working with a Live Edge – TBD; January 27, 2021
- My Small Shop – Norm Erwin; February 24, 2021
- Introduction to Marquetry – TBD; March 24, 2021 (NOT CONFIRMED)
- Procuring Hardwood – TBD; April 26, 2021 (NOT CONFIRMED)
- Bandsaw 101 – TBD; May 30, 2021 (NOT CONFIRMED)
- Making and installing small pyramid-top ebony plugs – Al Kupchella; June 30, 2021 (NOT CONFIRMED)
Monthly Show & Tell sessions
Enjoy a bit of socialization and see some friendly faces again! Interested members will get a few minutes to share their projects. Now you can show us your at-home projects that were normally too big to carry to the (past) meetings.
Upcoming sessions are currently scheduled until May 2021 (see schedule below). All RWS members will receive an email with a link to join each Zoom session. Socializing begins at 6:30PM and the Show & Tell speakers start at 7PM. If you would like to share your project(s), please send a few photos and a brief description of each project to email@example.com, at least 4 days in advance of the session. You will receive confirmation when you are added to the agenda.
|November 24, 2020||January 26, 2021||March 23, 2021||May 25, 2021|
|December 22, 2020||February 23, 2021||April 27, 2021|
We are a group of men and women in Upstate NY dedicated to the enjoyment of woodworking. Membership includes lectures and workshops by renowned woodworking personalities and local professionals as well as free access to our extensive lending library of books and videos.
RWS welcomes everyone interested in the craft whether professional or hobbyist. Join the company of hundreds of enthusiasts – carvers, turners, furniture makers, boat builders, and other skilled craftspeople and take your woodworking skills to a new level.