Events - Login to Register - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Work Smarter, Not Harder with Lean Principles
Saturday, November 4, 2023, 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada) (UTC-05:00)
248 Haywood Glen
Victor, NY 14564
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
This workshop will be helpful for:
- Anyone wishing to tweak certain aspects of their workshop in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Anyone thinking of relocating, extending, modifying their layout with new equipment, or completely redoing their workshop
- Anyone who wishes to declutter their workshop
- Anyone creating a road map for future workshops
- Anyone with shop improvement ideas that they are willing to share
Alan has employed many Lean Manufacturing principles in his home workshop. He will share these principles with you to see if these concepts might be appropriate for you to employ in your home wood shop. During his “working life” he successfully used many of these guiding principles in industry. These concepts helped in planning, establishing, organizing, and managing a fifty-million-dollar manufacturing plant which was subsequently awarded one of the “Top 10 Manufacturing Plants in North America” by Fortune Magazine. Although he is no longer involved with high volume manufacturing lean principles guide his decisions. He doesn’t typically replicate any woodworking piece more than once but has found lean principles helpful in his shop; you will too! Participants are encouraged to bring their own snacks and lunch to the session. Extra credit will be awarded to anyone bringing goodies to share. Please bring hearing and ear protection.